Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Library 2.0

I have a deep dark hidden confession.....I am a blogging virgin. Shocking...I know. I love this Library 2.0 class because I know that I am not alone on my maiden voyage. Or should I say....voyages. I do have a Facebook page, which ironically I signed up for a week before I knew about this class because two people (who are incidentally taking this class) told me I had to get with it & join the masses. As for MySpace, I signed up for that about 3 or 4 years ago & have spent a grand total of 10 minutes using it.

I hope that all of us who are taking this class will learn that the internet is not a scary place & we'll discover that there are many ways to communicate other than just face to face or e-mail. I feel like I've been out of the loop so my hope for this class is to get back in the loop & put at least some if not all of these 'things' to good use both in the library setting & if I ever manage the time, in my own personal life.

I have never read a blog or posted a comment to someone's blog, but I look forward to checking out other blogs from this class. I've already been having some fun playing with the colors and layouts. I hope everyone takes the time to play around with your blog page!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment